Monday 21 February 2022




KUNE (Part one)


NOSTALGIA

So I remember Kunle, the tall good looking dude who wooed my teenage life time as an occupation. The brain character behind my fatal dislike for this gender with a tail below the abdomen. I know I was young and naive, but at least should have been forced to recognised a devil when apparel like an angel. Growing up as an adolescent, was lonely and too asocial to handle. This was bearing from frightening chaste inductrinations from cold_eyed parents who were too religious to care or even understand the libido battles I faced per time from my developing hormones. As such, for a little girl trying so hard to abide by her mother's undiluted precepts of celibacy, i had rained him flagrant reasons to stay discouraged, but this crooked male individual had a dangerous resilience that even the devil could fear. 

I have heard stories of how men will trade a fortune just to hobnob with zaftig females, but I stil can't fancy what emotional tyres drove him to such a flat and penciled figure teenager like myself, I mean as I then was. What can I say? something they say must kill a man.

My name is Asian Effanga, a twenty five years old gynaecologist stationed at the Immaculate maternity Ilorin, and its been a decade and one year now, since I walked pass this injurious phase of my life; yet as nostalgia would have it, some of our past like dirty clothes may never get washed, even after being submerged in oceans of years. Hence, in the words of Joygold Inspirations; "the shortest evils are most at times likely to have the tallest lifespan".


THE MISHAP

As often said; " what goes around, always comes around. in other words, the world is only a small place. This statement has practically come through for me this evening, because laying almost liveless in the ward gasphing for my attention is the wife of a destiny enemy who nearly ruined the future I have today. I mean the future my entire family concluded wasn't worth investing in.

Now this is where the story line begins

You see when I was just fourteen, my middle class parents (Mr /Mrs Nnakanda Effanga) withdrew me from a low standard public school to get enrolled in Saint Jane Missionary collage with the magic aim to see me improve academically. Everything was going smooth as strategized until Kunle Adeyemi (my school counselor as he then was) came into the picture. I have never dreamt for a day like this that nemesis would have to openly shed tears like an abandoned child. 

"Asian please I beg you in God's name, dont let my sick wife die; I am as empty as a tin of milk to make any deposit right now," Sobbed my old time first_love; Mr Kunle Adeyemi accosting me and my surgical team at the hospital hallway. His wife had strangulated hernia and needed urgent surgical intervention.

If only he knew nature was going to serve him a 'life or death' option on seeing my face again, he would have thought twice when betraying my heart.


So like my teen memory continues to narrates, Kunle used to be my secondary school counselor sometime in SS3 . In him I found confidence to disclose 

deep emotional challengess that my cathedral titled parents never wanted to hear me mention, talk more of discuss. We became close and then very close till he started asking me out.

At first I resisted out of fear, but then he kept persisting. I remember times he bought me ice_creams after school hours, sent me surprise gifts at home and always leaving a love notes inside my locker with the inscription boldly written; 'my candy Asian'.

After much persuasion, I finally accepted

He was 24 then, light skinned, and very handsome with an admirable diastema in his upper frontal dentition. I always noticed female students and even teachers flocking around him, in fact, he was the happening thing in the school.

He proposed that he was going to settle with me soon as I conclude University education, but I never knew it was a shotgun promise entailing I may never see the walls of a class room again for a long time.


NIGHT MARE

What I called the sweetest adventure of my life, soon turned out to be the door way to my misfortune. 

Just when I was about to register for my SSCE examination in the third term, the unbelievable happened

He took away my flower, after settling for his love hypnosis. This happened at the beginning of school resumption and I only wish that was where the sin ended, but it came with a medal. I was pregnant afterwards. Pregnant for my school counselor, the trusted man who was deputed to guide me from making mistakes. 

Indeed life most times can be very ironical. 

What became of my story ('Candy Asian') after this happastance would only amaze you...

STAY TUNED FOR EPISODE TWO!

14 comments:

  1. Nice one
    When are we excepting the part two

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one want to behave like Nollywood.
    Today is part one, very soon we'd be expecting part 10.

    Don't keep us waiting JoyGold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one mma etubom. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victor Jeremiah10 March 2022 at 14:25

    More Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The shortest evils are most times likely to have the tallest lifespan." Absolutely true.

    Quite intriguing😊

    ReplyDelete